At Surrey Street Primary our families are important to us. We believe that working together with parents and carers, we can achieve the best outcomes for your child’s future.
Our Family Workers are on hand to provide support, advice and information to the families within our school community. They are able to help with any worries that you may have in relation to your child’s education, behaviour and wellbeing.
At times, life can be challenging and this will affect members of the family in different ways. Our Family Workers are available to provide guidance and advice and are also here as someone to talk to if you need it! Support can include:
- providing information and signposting to other services in the local area
- liaising with a range of external services such as housing and Social Care
- assistance in completing paperwork and forms e.g. housing, special educational needs, school places and benefits
- attendance and support at school and other agency meetings
- advice and support in promoting positive behaviour at home
- Family stresses
- Food parcels
- Help with clothing
If you would like to contact a member of our team please leave a message with the school office, alternative they can be found on the playground most mornings.