Meet the Governors
A big warm welcome from the governors here at Surrey Street Primary School.
What do we do?
As governors we make collective decisions as part of the Governing Body. Our main purpose is to help raise the educational standards and performance by supporting the work of the Headteacher and school staff. We ensure that the school runs effectively, that quality teaching and learning is happening across the school and that the budget is spent wisely.
We help to make strategic decisions on how the school is run and are answerable to parents, the wider community and most importantly the children who attend Surrey Street Primary School. The management of the school remains the responsibility of the Headteacher. We are responsible for:
- Managing the school's budget
- Monitoring and evaluating the work of the school and setting targets
- Ensuring high levels of attendance and good standards of pupil behaviour
- Ensuring children have access to a broad and balanced curriculum, suitable to age and ability.
- Ensuring the health and safety of pupils and staff.
What is the procedure for raising an issue with our Governors?
All school related questions should be put in writing to the Chair of Governors and handed in to the school office or posted to the school.
The Full Governing Body
The full governing body (FGB) meets half termly.
- 4 parent governors
- 5 co-opted governors
- 1 Local Authority governor
- 1 Headteacher
- 1 staff governor
There are currently no governor vacancies.
Summary for Publication on School Website